From FreeSWITCH Wiki
Default implementation is for a PBX or Softswitch
- The core (libfreeswitch) can be embedded into almost any app that can use a .so or .dll.
- Mold it into a soft phone, PBX, soft-switch or anything in between.
Modular system allows you to extend the system easily
Handle thousands of concurrent channels with media on a standard PC
Interoperates with many different products and protocols
- Such as Bayonne, Yate, sipXecs or Asterisk.
- Supports SIP, H.323, SCCP, LDAP, Zeroconf, XMPP / Jingle etc.
- With FreeTDM a BSD licensed TDM abstraction library it can interface with the PSTN as well.
Turn on the following in sip_profiles/internal.xml:
<param name="multiple-registrations" value="true"/> <param name="manage-presence" value="true"/>
Voicemail with MWI (Message Waiting Indicator)
Bypass/proxy media mode to reduce bandwidth and scale more channels
Write IVR's in several different languages
Flexible CDR system
Call Groups (Ring Groups)
See Call Groups
Dial Groups (Different From Call Groups)
See Dial Groups
Anti-SPIT (Spam over Internet Telephony)