FS weekly 2010 08 18
Wednesday August 18th at 1700 UTC (1200 CST / 1pm EST)
sip:email@example.com or via the good old PSTN at +1-919-386-9900
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", you'll be automatically connected (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Press 0 to mute/unmute your self. Press * to deaf/undeaf.
- What are the Beeps in the conference? One Beep - someone has joined, two beeps - someone has left.
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- Next week, special guest: PRZ of PGP fame!
- Packt pub is interested in a "Cookbook" for FreeSWITCH
- Mikey is up-to-date on ChangeLog
- New fs_cli cmd line arg: -r (or -R)
- Retries connection every two seconds for two minutes
- MSC added to fs_cli doc page
- New FSAPI: msleep
- Sleep for x number of milliseconds
- MSC added to mod_commands doc page
- New bind_meta_app: customizable meta key!
- Use new chan var bind_meta_key
- MSC added to dptools and chan vars pages
- Brian K West: NAT and VoIP: Lets' figure it out
Audio recordings available here
The dates for the following presentations are subject to change, so you need to check back.
- August 25, 2010 - Special Guest: Philip R Zimmermann - ZRTP and FreeSWITCH
- September 1, 2010 - Moc will be talking about a new modules called mod_CallCenter
- September 8, 2010 - intralanman - mod_xml_curl
- September 15, 2010 - DRK
- September 22, 2010 - OPEN (MSC out of town)
- September 29, 2010 - OPEN
Questions For Developers
If you have questions for Tony, Mike, or Brian please add them here...
Items Needing Discussion
- Add items here
- For FS HA be sure to add this to the profile:
<param name="track-calls" value="true"/>
fsctl crash sofia recover
- Chan vars - let's crowdsource the descriptions of these vars
- Need wiki volunteer: create_wiki_page.pl script
- auto create new pages for chan vars, APIs, modules, etc.
- Need volunteers to assist with the mail list moderation queue
- CMF volunteered to assist during weekdays (GMT -7 aka Los Angeles)
Items Needing Documentation
We definitely need assistance with documenting stuff, especially new channels variables. A sample template for doing a channel variable can be found here: Variable_skeleton
I also added a skeleton API: API_skeleton template page
Stuff started but needs some community input
- Most important documentation task: T.38. Please see the email thread, especially bkw's comments.
- Please add content to this page: T.38
Stuff yet to be documented
- New conference param: terminate-on-silence (commit msg)
- Verbose events:
- global param verbose-channel-events, fsctl verbose_events [on|off]
- commit msg
- New "disable hold" feature:
- Channels to check if you have been auth'd:
- New mod_conference chan var: conference_member_id (commit msg)
- New mod_sofia chan var: sip_force_audio_fmtp (commit msg)
- New mod_sofia chan var: sip_copy_multipart (commit msg)
- break and uuid_break
- New FIFO param: taking_calls (commit msg)
- New FIFO flag: no_media (commit msg)
- New FIFO chan vars: fifo_role, fifo_bridged, fifo_manual_bridged (commit msg)
- New mod_hash API: hash_remote (commit msg)
- New mod_hash config file (commit msg)
- New limit APIs: uuid_limit_release, limit_interval_reset (commit msg)
- New api_reporting_hook (like api_hangup_hook but after reporting state) both honor session_in_hangup_hook (commit msg)
- New module: mod_redis
- If you know this one please help
User Tips & Tricks
If you have something you'd like to share with the community then by all means add it here and we will give you a few minutes on the conference call to discuss it!
- Don't forget about the contrib folders! They are now in their own repository. See Git_Tips#Initial_Checkout for information on how to check it out.
Suggestions For Future Meetings & Future To Dos
- Add your thoughts here
Presenters Needed For These Topics
- SIP 101 (beginning SIP, how does it work, how to look at different SIP packets)
- NAT traversal debugging in FS environments (when to use autonat, how to diagnose your NAT routers, etc.)
- mod_shout/shoutcast, esp with one-way conferences for scalability
- Codec negotiation - early vs. late, why you need it, how to do it
- T.38 - what it is, how to use it, etc.
Need SIP Trunking or DIDs?
If you are looking for SIP Trunking, Origination or Termination please visit http://www.VoiceNetwork.ca
- Unlimited Incoming DIDs from $3.95
- Per Minute DIDs from $0.99 @ 0.01 per minute
- Outbound Canadian Termination from $0.005 and USA from $ 0.0125