FS weekly 2010 06 09

From FreeSWITCH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Calling Instructions

UPDATE: New meeting time Wednesday June 9th at 1800 UTC (1200 CST / 1pm EST)
sip:888@conference.freeswitch.org or via the good old PSTN at +1-919-386-9900
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", you'll be automatically connected (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Press 0 to mute/unmute your self. Press * to deaf/undeaf.

Agenda

Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.


News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff

  • FS book update
  • What are the Beeps in the conference? One Beep - someone has joined, two beeps - someone has left.

Featured Presentation [ Darren Schreiber - mod_nibblebill ]

  • June 9, 2010 - Darren Schreiber will talk about mod_nibblebill.

Upcoming Presentations

The dates for the following presentations are subject to change, so you need to check back.

  • June 16, 2010 ?? - DRK - mod_managed CDRs for billing purposes, keeping track of everything
  • June 23, 2010 ?? - Rupa Schomaker - discusses mod_memcache, mod_cidlookup
  • June 30, 2010 - Anthony Minessale,how important it is to come to cluecon and register now? And other stuff..
  • July 7, 2010 - ????

Items Needing Discussion

  • FreeSWITCH Training! (dschreiber)
  • ClueCon Update
    • Get yerself registered
    • Speakers contact MSC or BKW ASAP for scheduling
  • From MSC: How do you guys handle adding columns to the calls db
    • Example - ESL-based script that keeps calling "show channels"
    • Need to see custom information, perhaps the accountcode variable or custom var

Janitorial Items

  • Chan vars - let's crowdsource the descriptions of these vars
  • Need wiki volunteer: create_wiki_page.pl script
    • auto create new pages for chan vars, APIs, modules, etc.

Items Needing Documentation

  • Most important documentation task: T.38. Please see the email thread, especially bkw's comments.
    • Please add content to this page: T.38
  • Along with uuid_simplify, document sip_auto_simplify
  • New API: sofia_reg_count (commit msg)
  • New VM param: vm-enabled (commit msg)
  • New sofia param: allow-empty-password (commit msg)
  • New param: 'critical' in modules.conf.xml (commit msg)
  • New channel variable: 'direction' (commit msg)
  • New conference param: terminate-on-silence (commit msg)
  • Verbose events:
    • global param verbose-channel-events, fsctl verbose_events [on|off]
    • commit msg
  • New "disable hold" feature:
  • Channels to check if you have been auth'd:
  • New mod_loopback chan var: loopback_bowout_on_execute (commit msg)

User Tips & Tricks

If you have something you'd like to share with the community then by all means add it here and we will give you a few minutes on the conference call to discuss it!

When the inbound endpoint refuses to select the best codec, you can force the issue a bit using: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia.conf.xml#inbound-codec-negotiation

Suggestions For Future Meetings & Future To Dos

  • In the future Darren Schreiber will discuss:
    • mod_nibblebill
  • DRK:
    • mod_managed
    • CDRs for billing purposes, keeping track of everything


Presenters Needed For These Topics

  • SIP 101 (beginning SIP, how does it work, how to look at different SIP packets)
  • NAT traversal debugging in FS environments (when to use autonat, how to diagnose your NAT routers, etc.)
  • mod_shout/shoutcast, esp with one-way conferences for scalability
  • Codec negotiation - early vs. late, why you need it, how to do it

Conference Call Recording

Did you miss this weeks Conference call? You can listen to it here

Need Sip Trunking or DIDs?

If you are looking for Sip Trunking,Origination or Termination please visit http://www.VoiceNetwork.ca

  • Unlimited Incoming DIDs from $3.95
  • Per Minute DIDs from $0.99 @ 0.011 per minute

Return to main meeting page