FS weekly 2010 05 05
UPDATE: New meeting time
Wednesday May 5 at 1800 UTC (1200 CST)
sip:email@example.com or via the good old PSTN at +1-919-386-9900
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", you'll be automatically connected (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Press 0 to mute/unmute your self. Press * to deaf/undeaf.
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- Let's all see if our DNS died today. :)
- Vestec FreeSWITCH Connector (I've downloaded it, have not tested it yet)
- FS book update
Items Needing Documentation
- Language disambiguation page - please add your thoughts
- Add your items here
- Chan vars - let's crowdsource the descriptions of these vars
- Spanish sound file follow up
Items Needing Discussion
- FSComm contest - make it look nice!
- jmesquita will be joining us to give us an update
- See if we can con rupa into discussing mod_cidlookup. ;) (Would love to, but travelling this week -Rupa)
User Tips & Tricks
If you have something you'd like to share with the community then by all means add it here and we will give you a few minutes on the conf call to discuss it!
- May 12 - Dave Kompel discusses mod_managed
- example: call pickup groups
- May 26 - Giovanni discusses Skypopen
Suggestions For Future Meetings & Future To Dos
- In future rupa will discuss these modules:
- In the future Darren Schreiber will discuss:
- CDRs for billing purposes, keeping track of everything
- mod_gsm (when ready)
Presenters Needed For These Topics
- SIP 101 (beginning SIP, how does it work, how to look at different SIP packets)
- NAT traversal debugging in FS environments (when to use autonat, how to diagnose your NAT routers, etc.)
- mod_shout/shoutcast, esp with one-way conferences for scalability
- Codec negotiation - early vs. late, why you need it, how to do it