FS weekly 2009 11 20
Friday November 20 at 1700 UTC (1100 CST)
sip:email@example.com or via the good old PSTN at +1-919-386-9900
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", then press "1" on the Skype dialpad (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
Recap of last week
- bkw: agreed to write up some information on FreeSWITCH and VoIP security (track down, update diagram)
- Bougyman: Clean up service providers pages, update Clarification:gateways
News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- GUI Updates
- FreePBX V3 - Darren has been working on other stuff for a while
- Mark/Richard can tell us where we're at on FusionPBX (RC 5?)
Items Needing Documentation
- FYI, I added this: Debugging_Freeswitch#Simple_bash_script_to_make_debug_easy
- Please feel free to add/edit/expand/etc.
Items Needing Discussion
- Handling questions on mailing list - need more volunteers
- We would like to invite people to help with answering questions on the mailing list
- If you think you have an answer to a question on the list then by all means answer
- Feel free to ask anthm/mikej/bkw/math/etc. before posting if you want some guidance
- Sound prompts?
- The following files are for making prompts for recordings, call forward, call announce with a few variations, and call transfer messages. Ideas to improve the wording are welcome.
- We do have this file: ivr-enter_ext.wav: "Please enter an extension followed by the pound sign"
- Do we need a different recording? Could we edit the audio file and trim off the 'followed by the pound sign'?
- We do have this file: ivr-please_enter_pin_followed_by_pound.wav: "Please enter your PIN number, followed by the pound sign."
- Do we actually need this new recording?
- We have this file: conf-bad-pin.wav - "Invalid PIN number, please try again."
- We could edit off the 'please try again' and then create a macro to add vm-goodbye.wav
- Let's reformat these to list the action and then the keypress
- "To accept, press 1. To reject, press 2. For VM, press 3."
- Recommend record single prompt: "Incoming call." Then copy & modify the above prompt, removing option 3.
- press_1_to_accept_the_call_2_to_reject_it or_3_to_send_the_call_to_voicemail.wav
- This seems to me to be the same file as the one above?
- How about two phrases: "Thank you for calling." "Please stay on the line and your call will be answered momentarily."
- Please let us know if there are any missing sound prompts, even if they are for features we haven't implemented yet
- New FS stuff
- Tony added handy script: logger.pl
- New global var handling syntax for originates: < and > (need to document this feature on the wiki please)
- Update on BV codecs