FS weekly 2009 10 23
Friday October 23 at 1600 UTC (1100 CST)
sip:email@example.com or via the good old PSTN at +1-213-799-1400
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", then press "1" on the Skype dialpad (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
Recap of last week
- Discussed MW search options, MSC to look for google search or other search plugin
- Possibly add goog search API to c888 bot
- Getting ready to close "training poll" and collecting info from participants
- MSC to rework the "mythbusters" FS article with input from the community (thanks for your thoughts!)
- BKW's QA test scripts (see below)
Items Needing Documentation
- Idea: channel states docs (because of question on mailing list)
- If someone in the know could link to or provide information on the various states like CS_EXECUTE, CS_REPORTING, etc. and get it all wikified that would be great.
- Idea: someone write up a tutorial page on how to do custom variables and condition matching using transfer (because of repeated questions on mailing list)
- Need an eloquent person to explain the whole "dialplan is parsed first then executed" paradigm
- Need volunteers to help with cleaning up dead end wiki pages
- All dead-end pages need links to somewhere appropriate
- Please add links as you see fit
- Need volunteers to help with cleanup up double redirects
- Need volunteers to help with cleanup of orphaned pages
- orphaned pages are pages that are not linked to by other pages, so the only way to get to them is by searching or knowing the URL
- Need volunteers to review "wanted" pages and categories - pages that are linked-to but have zero content
- Need volunteers to review uncategorized pages and update them where appropriate
- If you need to create a new category please see MSC first so that we don't make too many of them
Items Needing Discussion
- Quick review of poll results on freeswitch.org
- Poll will be closed by this Friday; final results review
- MSC has BKW's QA test scripts, will update community after I peruse them
- Idea: community members discuss their knowledge on various subjects
- We could have members talk about a subject they like
- We could then record that section of the conf call and make it a podcast
- NOTE: For this to work everyone not in the discussion would need to mute themselves
- Some topics could be introduction to various modules, like "what is nibble bill and how does it work"?
- Review recently added feature: inline actions
- Review recently added feature: campon
Suggestions For Future Meetings & Future To Dos
- From user itamarjp -> make it easy to install - package it for fedora/centos/rhel systems and may be others.
- Add your items here.