Compiling FreeSWITCH Tips and Shortcuts
This page contains useful tips on how the different Makefile options can help you with compiling.
Compiling FreeSWITCH requires compiling lots of libraries and lots of files in various sub-directories. Sometimes you need to compile just certain parts of FreeSWITCH. Other times you want to start from scratch. The options listed below will help.
- make clean - Cleans the build environment
- make current - Cleans build environment, performs an git update, then does a make install
- make core_install (or make install_core) - Recompiles and installs just the core files. Handy if you are working on a core file and want to recompile without doing the whole shebang.
- make mod_XXXX-install - Recompiles and installs just a single module. Here are some examples:
- make mod_openzap-install
- make mod_sofia-install
- make mod_lcr-install
- make samples - This will not replace your configuration. This will instead make the default extensions and dialplan to run the basic configuration of FreeSWITCH.