FS weekly 2013 01 09
Wednesday January 9th, 2012 at 1800 UTC (1200 CST / 1300 EST)
See in your time zone.
- Codecs supported: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, among many others
|Spain||+34-91-290-12-71||Thanks to SIPtize|
|UK||+44-330-320-0105||Thanks to ziron.net|
|UK||+44-1904-201-313||Thanks to ukddi.com (Routed by Steven Ayre)|
|UK||+44-203-298-5931||Thanks to ukddi.com (Routed by Avi Marcus)|
|Ireland, Dublin||+35316879001||Thanks to ziron.net|
|Germany||+49-228-9293-9009||Thanks to Yiftach at ChooChee|
|Germany||+49-2373-913-4009||Thanks to einfachVoIP.de|
|Australia||+61-7-3188-7519||Thanks to Jay Binks - NetSIP.com.au|
|Israel||+972-2-372-0394||Thanks to Avi Marcus - BestFone.com|
|Canada||+1-438-800-0531||Thanks to NG Communications|
|France||+33-975-181-606||Thanks to NG Communications|
|Netherlands||+31-858-880-387||Thanks to NG Communications|
|South Africa||+27-87-8204656||Thanks to Othos Telecom|
|Portugal||+351-300505224||Thanks to Finesource|
|New Zealand, Wellington||+6448871401||Thanks to ziron.net|
- Google Talk
- skype call the skype user "freeswitch_conf_call" (max 20 concurrent users)
- Use Call->Show Dialpad to unmute pressing "0"(zero) on Skype's keypad
- Flash (in-browser VoIP RTMP client)
Note: When you join you will initially be muted and need to press 0 if you wish to speak (this reduces background noise on the conference).
At some times muting may be moderated (eg presentations). Pressing 0 will put you in a queue and you will be unmuted when it's your turn to speak.
What are the Beeps in the conference? One Beep - someone has joined, two beeps - someone has left.
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- Recordings for past several weeks no available
Items Needing Discussion
- Idea presented on ML: "5 for 1" Jira incentive
- Status of 1.2.6 release
- Bugs and Jiras
- Things we (the community) can do to assist with getting the latest release out the door
Questions For Developers
- Add your questions here
- SIP config could use an update. Lot's of parameters are not documented. You can see a list of them all from the source code:
grep -nP '\(!strcasecmp\(var, ".*?"\)\)' sofia.c
Items Needing Documentation
- Revised Install guide, started here: V1.2_Download_&_Installation_Guide
- CDR Handling main page:
- determining PDD
- ring time
- missed call notification (as opposed to actual VM)
- Noting phones that didn't respond to incoming call, despite registration
- page application
Stuff started but needs some community input
- Add your items here
- Sept 2013
- Sept 4 - Ben Langfeld, Ben Klang, Chris Rienzo (Rayo)
- Sept 11 -
- Sept 18 -
- Sept 25 -
- "Coming Soon"
- Plivo update
- Other surprises
Suggestions For Future Meetings & Future To Dos
- Math: Sofia internals
- Eliot Gable: mod_ha_cluster
- What is mod_ha_cluster?
- In short: N+X (N Masters + X slaves) HA replacement for "Pacemaker + Corosync managed FS"
- For additional details, see mod_ha_cluster
- What is mod_ha_cluster?
- Jeff Lenk: developing for FS in Windows environment
- How non-C programmers can help out - it's hard to write docs when you don't really know what's going on and referred to the code.
Presenters Needed For These Topics
- Internals of modules like mod_callcenter and mod_conference
- mod_shout/shoutcast/mod_vlc, esp with one-way conferences for scalability
- Codec negotiation - early vs. late, why you need it, how to do it
- T.38 - what it is, how to use it, etc.
- Multi-tenancy (bounties welcome)
- Steve Underwood - SpanDSP, T.38, etc. with FreeSWITCH
- mod_fifo vs. mod_callcenter - why use one or the other? Strengths and weaknesses of each
- embedding FS in other applications (libfreeswitch)
- IPv6 - what it is, how to use, differences with IPv4, how to configure FS
- WebRTC using Freeswicth
Need SIP Trunking or DIDs?
If you are looking for SIP Trunking, Origination or Termination please visit www.VoiceNetwork.ca
- Unlimited Incoming DIDs from $3.95
- Per Minute DIDs from $0.99 @ 0.01 per minute
- Outbound Canadian Termination from $0.005 and USA from $ 0.0125
- Free iNum's for each account