What is freeswitch
FreeSWITCH™ is an open source communications platform written in C from the ground up. Licensed under the MPL and running natively on Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, *BSD, and other Unix flavors. In this way, users are given many choices on how and where to run the software.
With a desire to not reinvent the wheel, it is designed to take advantage of as many existing software libraries as possible. It has a modular, extensible architecture, with only limited and necessary functionality in core. Optional modules can be employed to add virtually any functionality desired by the user.
- Default implementation is for a PBX or Softswitch
- Modular system allows you to extend the system easily
- Handle thousands of concurrent channels with media on a standard PC
- Interoperates with many different products and protocols
- Please see the complete Feature list for more features.
- Supports Secure RTP(SRTP)
FreeSWITCH ™is run by a non-profit corporation OSTAG, the Open Source Telephony Advancement Group. FreeSWITCH™ is made possible through donations from corporations and individuals alike. Donations help keep the project going. You can donate by clicking the donate button on the left.