FS weekly 2010 06 30
From FreeSWITCH Wiki
UPDATE: New meeting time
Wednesday June 30th at 1800 UTC (1200 CST / 1pm EST)
sip:email@example.com or via the good old PSTN at +1-919-386-9900
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", you'll be automatically connected (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Press 0 to mute/unmute your self. Press * to deaf/undeaf.
- What are the Beeps in the conference? One Beep - someone has joined, two beeps - someone has left.
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- FS book update - Release for July
- Latest news from MSC, if any
Featured Presentation [ Anthony Minessale - Q & A ]
- June 30, 2010 - Anthony Minessale, how important it is to come to ClueCon and register now? And other stuff.
The dates for the following presentations are subject to change, so you need to check back.
- June 30, 2010 - Anthony Minessale,how important it is to come to cluecon and register now? And other stuff..
- July 7, 2010 - DRK - mod_managed CDRs for billing purposes, keeping track of everything
- July 14, 2010 - OPEN
- July 21, 2010 - OPEN
- July 28, 2010 - OPEN
Items Needing Discussion
- ClueCon Update
- Get yerself registered
- Speakers contact MSC or BKW ASAP for scheduling
- Is anyone using T.38?
- Please let us know how it's working for you
- Which carrier(s)
- Is anyone using group_confirm_cancel_timeout?
- I'd like to end this list thread: 
- Chan vars - let's crowdsource the descriptions of these vars
- Need wiki volunteer: create_wiki_page.pl script
- auto create new pages for chan vars, APIs, modules, etc.
Items Needing Documentation
Stuff started but needs some community input
- Most important documentation task: T.38. Please see the email thread, especially bkw's comments.
- Please add content to this page: T.38
- Verfify these definitions for accuracy:
Stuff yet to be documented
- New API: sofia_count_reg
- FYI, I couldn't get this to work - could someone test?
- New channel variable: 'direction' (commit msg)
- New conference param: terminate-on-silence (commit msg)
- Verbose events:
- global param verbose-channel-events, fsctl verbose_events [on|off]
- commit msg
- New "disable hold" feature:
- Channels to check if you have been auth'd:
- New mod_loopback chan var: loopback_bowout_on_execute (commit msg)
User Tips & Tricks
If you have something you'd like to share with the community then by all means add it here and we will give you a few minutes on the conference call to discuss it!
Easy way to install FreeSWITCH under CentOS
Just type the follow
yum install wget -y cd /usr/src && wget http://www.freeswitch.org/eg/Makefile && make
Suggestions For Future Meetings & Future To Dos
Presenters Needed For These Topics
- SIP 101 (beginning SIP, how does it work, how to look at different SIP packets)
- NAT traversal debugging in FS environments (when to use autonat, how to diagnose your NAT routers, etc.)
- mod_shout/shoutcast, esp with one-way conferences for scalability
- Codec negotiation - early vs. late, why you need it, how to do it
Need SIP Trunking or DIDs?
If you are looking for SIP Trunking, Origination or Termination please visit http://www.VoiceNetwork.ca
- Unlimited Incoming DIDs from $3.95
- Per Minute DIDs from $0.99 @ 0.011 per minute