FS weekly 2010 06 16
UPDATE: New meeting time
Wednesday June 9th at 1800 UTC (1200 CST / 1pm EST)
sip:email@example.com or via the good old PSTN at +1-919-386-9900
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", you'll be automatically connected (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Press 0 to mute/unmute your self. Press * to deaf/undeaf.
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- FS book update
- What are the Beeps in the conference? One Beep - someone has joined, two beeps - someone has left.
Featured Presentation [ DRK - mod_managed ]
- June 16, 2010 - DRK - mod_managed CDRs for billing purposes, keeping track of everything
The dates for the following presentations are subject to change, so you need to check back.
- June 23, 2010 ?? - Rupa Schomaker - discusses mod_memcache, mod_cidlookup
- June 30, 2010 - Anthony Minessale,how important it is to come to cluecon and register now? And other stuff..
- July 7, 2010 - ????
Items Needing Discussion
- FreeSWITCH Training! (dschreiber)
- ALL SOLD OUT - Congrats to Darren for pulling it off
- ClueCon Update
- Get yerself registered
- Speakers contact MSC or BKW ASAP for scheduling
- Tell MSC if the wiki search box works any better. :P
- Chan vars - let's crowdsource the descriptions of these vars
- Need wiki volunteer: create_wiki_page.pl script
- auto create new pages for chan vars, APIs, modules, etc.
Items Needing Documentation
- Most important documentation task: T.38. Please see the email thread, especially bkw's comments.
- Please add content to this page: T.38
- Along with uuid_simplify, document sip_auto_simplify
- New API: sofia_reg_count (commit msg)
- New VM param: vm-enabled (commit msg)
- New sofia param: allow-empty-password (commit msg)
- New param: 'critical' in modules.conf.xml (commit msg)
- New channel variable: 'direction' (commit msg)
- New conference param: terminate-on-silence (commit msg)
- Verbose events:
- global param verbose-channel-events, fsctl verbose_events [on|off]
- commit msg
- New "disable hold" feature:
- Channels to check if you have been auth'd:
- New mod_loopback chan var: loopback_bowout_on_execute (commit msg)
User Tips & Tricks
If you have something you'd like to share with the community then by all means add it here and we will give you a few minutes on the conference call to discuss it!
Easy way to install FreeSwitch under CentOS
Just type the follow
yum install wget -y cd /usr/src && wget http://www.freeswitch.org/eg/Makefile && make
Suggestions For Future Meetings & Future To Dos
Presenters Needed For These Topics
- SIP 101 (beginning SIP, how does it work, how to look at different SIP packets)
- NAT traversal debugging in FS environments (when to use autonat, how to diagnose your NAT routers, etc.)
- mod_shout/shoutcast, esp with one-way conferences for scalability
- Codec negotiation - early vs. late, why you need it, how to do it
Need Sip Trunking or DIDs?
If you are looking for Sip Trunking,Origination or Termination please visit http://www.VoiceNetwork.ca
- Unlimited Incoming DIDs from $3.95
- Per Minute DIDs from $0.99 @ 0.011 per minute