FS weekly 2010 01 22
From FreeSWITCH Wiki
Friday January 22 at 1700 UTC (1100 CST)
sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or via the good old PSTN at +1-919-386-9900
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", then press "1" on the Skype dialpad (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
Recap of last week
- Our guilt trip of saying not many people volunteered yielded modest results - we got a few more folks to help. :)
- DRK did some simple web-casting stuff w/ Silverlight
- We found another possibility: vncreflector for webcasting
- Updates from the community:
- Sekil has web dev
- jlenk and the API docs
News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- New FS stuff
- Sangoma is supporting the conf calls and the "10th Annual ClueCon" event. :P
- Mini "almost ready" announcement and little talk about mod_gsmopen, GSM (cellular) endpoint and trunk
Items Needing Documentation
- From bkw - need C# ESL examples, docs, info - whatever you got we'll take it!
- I've heard that some have had trouble compiling esl/managedmod. Any feedback? I can compile fine on CentOS 5.3 using latest trunk. (MC)
- Could someone add a timer_test API to wiki please?
- Add any items here if you have them.
Items Needing Discussion
- DRK updates on his screen-casting tests
- Need someone with some skills to assist with configuring and testing vncreflector - need Linux and networking skills
- Darren Schreiber of FreePBX is slated to join the conference and give us an update on FreePBX V3 and to answer your questions.
- How to handled customizations without messing up the default configs
- We need input on how we can make it easy for people to add their config customizations without forcing them to modify the default config files (if possible)
- Thoughts? e.g. should we have a separate custom sub-dir and add a bunch of includes? I'm open to ideas