FS weekly 2009 12 11
From FreeSWITCH Wiki
Friday December 11 at 1700 UTC (1100 CST)
sip:email@example.com or via the good old PSTN at +1-919-386-9900
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", then press "1" on the Skype dialpad (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
Recap of last week
- bkw: welcome back!
- Bougyman: Clean up service providers pages, update Clarification:gateways
- Yossi: minor cleanup of channel vars page
News, Notes, & Miscellaneous Fun Stuff
- GUI Updates
- FusionPBX is at 1.0?!
Items Needing Documentation
- 302 redirect
- can someone who's used this type up a brief page? See also MikeJ's email
- From sekil, good explanation from bkw: 
- Additional, from Math: 
- Additional per MikeJ: simple explanation - if you make outbound call and get 302, handling in dialplan means that the call goes back through the dp with the 302 information. (You have more control.) When doing automatically FS tries to do the right thing when getting 302 but that's sometimes impossible.
- channel variables could use a review
- e.g. record_min_sec has its own page plus is linked-to from several other pages but does not show up on the main Channel_Variables page. Would be good if it (and the other missing chan vars) were listed on the main chan vars page
- Related question: any suggestions on how to improve the organization/layout of the chan vars page?
- Need a Lua person to please confirm the info on this page: Lua#session:getDigits
- Does getDigits require the user to create a callback func? If so, can someone whip up a sample for the wiki?
- Long lost but really useful page that needs some love: Default_config
- Please visit this page and add your knowledge!
- Anything you know about the default config is welcomed on this page
Items Needing Discussion
- New FS stuff
- New chan var I just learned about: Variable_copy_xml_cdr
- Update on 105 (RC8?)