FS weekly 2009 10 30
From FreeSWITCH Wiki
Friday October 30 at 1600 UTC (1100 CST)
sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or via the good old PSTN at +1-213-799-1400
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skype user "skypiax5", then press "1" on the Skype dialpad (max 20 concurrent users).
Codecs: PCMU/PCMA, G.722, CELT, Speex, Skype, among others
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
Recap of last week
- Update on MW goog search
- Update on mythbusters article
- Group discussed making screen casts for training purposes
- David Horner (IRC: djacobs) trying some webcasts with mod_managed
- Other web-cast wish-list items: CentOS 5.4 quick install, dialplan parsing
Items Needing Documentation
- Group review: channel states docs Channel_States
- Thanks to community for assisting
- Briefly review the below janitorial items
- Need volunteers to help with cleaning up dead end wiki pages
- All dead-end pages need links to somewhere appropriate
- Please add links as you see fit
- Need volunteers to help with cleanup up double redirects
- Need volunteers to help with cleanup of orphaned pages
- orphaned pages are pages that are not linked to by other pages, so the only way to get to them is by searching or knowing the URL
- Need volunteers to review "wanted" pages and categories - pages that are linked-to but have zero content
- Need volunteers to review uncategorized pages and update them where appropriate
- If you need to create a new category please see MSC first so that we don't make too many of them
Items Needing Discussion
- Group question: has anyone review bkw's test scripts? Anyone in a position to create a test server(s)?
- Moc and djacobs mentioned unit testing. djacobs also mentioned "plaster" but I didn't find anything on goog.
- Question: what license for wiki content? CC-PD? CC-BY? CC-BY-SA? CC-BY-NC? CC-BY-NC-SA?
- MSC prefers CC-BY
- With the recent Vishing nonsense w/ Asterisk let's talk about security
- What are your security best practices?
- How do you protect VoIP specifically?
- How do you protect VM systems (i.e. brute-force PIN-entering attacks, etc.)?
- Can we start getting this on the wiki?
- New FS stuff
- uuid_debug_audio <uuid> <read|write|both> <on|off>
- sql-in-transactions profile param (only vaid on first load)
- ignore_display_updates variable to block display updates on that leg
- campon_stop_key and campon_announce_sound to tell the user how to force it to the end of the waiting period
- add pass-callee-id profile param (defaults to true) disable by setting it to false if you encounter something too stupid to ignore X headers
- add RECORD_READ_ONLY and RECORD_WRITE_ONLY chan vars to influence session_record
- add record_min_sec chan var