FS weekly 2009 09 18
From FreeSWITCH Wiki
Friday September 18 at 1600 UTC (1100 CST)
sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or via the good old PSTN at +1-213-799-1400
Or click on this link
Or call Skype the skypeuser "skypiax5", then press "1" on the Skype dialpad (max 20 concurrent users).
Please add agenda items as needed. If you have a question you'd like to ask then edit the Items Needing Discussion section below. Be sure to put your name/nick on your question.
Recap of last week
The following items were discussed last week. Included are the to-do items assigned and any updates on their progress.
- Joao Mesquita (IRC: jmesquita) volunteered to be a bug marshal!
- Phillip Jones - offered to supply .NET examples for the wiki
- Joao Mesquita - libesl docs (including Doxygen markup)
- Diego Viola - wiki clean up, misc. tasks
- Michael Gende - offered to supply the documentation that he's creating for "his guys at the office." We're curious to see what that entails. :)
- Muhammad Shahzad - offered to round out the Doxygen in switch_* files.
- Just an idea: should we recap new stuff that went into tree during the past week? Not every little thing, just notable items. I'm thinking for example, of the new dtmf duration stuff that egable added. Thoughts?
Items Needing Documentation
- We need C coders and those who can read C to help with Doxygen markup. (An excellent example of a well-marked up file is switch_event.h)
- Any source file (.c, .h, .cpp, etc.) you are familiar with that is lacking Doxygen comments please add comments. Look at the switch_event.h file for hints on markup or see http://www.doxygen.org
- Still need volunteers to help with channel variable list on wiki; need someone to continue work that C6burns started (looking at complete list of chan vars and getting them documented with examples)
- Michael Collins is (still) looking for someone with MediaWiki skills, especially with the multilang extension.
Items Needing Discussion
- Best practices - Phillip Jones mentioned that he thought there was room for a best practices guide on various subjects. Specific example: not using bridge inside a script unless absolutely necessary. Any other thoughts on BP's? Anyone available to organize BP's and then check the wiki examples to make sure that they conform to the BP's?
Suggestions For Future Meetings & Future To Dos
- Billing using CDR/LCR, RADIUS and CDR to DB with mod_xml_cdr.
- multi carrier routing using mod_lcr
(If anyone is doing the above we'd like to hear about your experiences.)